Michael Joseph Jackson was an American singer, songwriter, and dancer. Dubbed the “King of Pop”, he is regarded as one of the most significant cultural figures of the 20th century.
Joe Jackson realized that his children were very talented. He felt that they could become successful in music. They changed the name of the band to the Jackson 5 and began playing all around town. Then they began touring the Midwest where they played in bars and clubs. They won several talent shows and began to gain a name for themselves.
Michael was also famous for changing his appearance. Over the years his nose became thinner, his face changed shape, and his skin tone became lighter. Some people think that he did not like his appearance because of his abuse from his father at a young age. There is also some debate as to how his skin tone changed. Regardless, he looked considerably different as the years passed.
Michael died of a heart attack on June 25, 2009. He was fifty years old. The heart attack was likely caused by drugs he was taking to help him sleep.
Interesting Facts about Michael Jackson
- – He was the best selling artist in the United States for 2009, the year of his death. Around 35 million of his albums were sold worldwide in the 12 months after he died.
- – He had two pet llamas on his ranch called Lola and Louis.
- – The album Thriller was number one on the Billboard Chart for 37 weeks.
- – He purchased the rights to the Beetles catalogue in 1985 for $47 million.
- – His skin doctor said that his skin tone changed because he had a disease called vitiligo.
- – He was burned when his hair caught fire during the filming of a Pepsi commercial.